I've been interested in electronics for most of my lifetime and have decades of experience developing electronic and mechatronic devices. Projects have included low-noise analog instrumentation, antennas and RF electronics, robotic motion controllers, networked devices, and other realtime embedded systems.
Most recently, I've been solely responsible for the electronic hardware design and control system development for Pliant Energy Systems' Velox amphibious robot and related prototypes.
PCB design for an amplified current sensing board
My recent work can't be shared in any detail because it's proprietary, but this site has a number of projects I've worked on in an academic or hobby context that I can share in detail. In addition to those collected below, I've been involved in the design and implementation of dozens of other electronic and sensor projects not covered here.
Stepper-motor controller for antenna tuning switch
- A wireless torque sensor
- A thermal wall shear stress meter
- Numerous antennas and RF electronics
- A resonant inductive rotary coupler RF/ultrasound measurements
- An 80kW telnet-controlled power supply
- Electronic engineering, sensor, firmware, and control design for hybrid rigid-soft robots
- Sensor, acquisition, and electrical design for geophysical fluids experiments
- Instrumentation and permanent magnet generator design for hydrokinetic generator prototypes